On May 1, 1934, a group of modelers met to form the St. Paul Craftsman Club and begin building an O-gauge model railroad. From these humble beginnings, and through several location and name changes, the Twin City Model Railroad Museum has grown to a world-class museum.
Now located in historic Bandana Square, the Twin City Model Railroad Museum is an exquisitely detailed model panorama of railroads of the Twin Cities during the 1930′s, 1940′s and 1950′s. This was a time when both steam and diesel engines shared the rails.
Thousands of volunteer hours have faithfully reproduced Twin Citys railroad history in O Scale (1/4 inch equals 1 foot), an impressive sight and well worth your visit. Come watch the Empire Builder speed along miles of track through the Twin Cities, rumble over St. Anthony Falls on the famed Stone Arch Bridge and down the Mississippi. Freight trains haul the goods to and from the industries that made the Twin Cities famous.
The Twin City Model Railroad Museum is a non-profit organization. Our mission is to provide family entertainment for the young and old alike, while preserving this era of Minnesota railroad history.
Commemorative Reefer Available
To commemorate the Museum’s 75th Anniversary, an O-scale reefer has been produced by Weaver Models featuring the 75th Anniversary logo and the Twin City Terminal Railway herald. The Twin City Terminal Railway is the name given to the Museum’s layout.
The commemorative reefer is available in the Museum gift shop.
New Book Chronicles 75 Year History of the Twin City Model Railroad Museum
The storied history of the Twin City Model Railroad Museum is chronicled in a new book titled The Twin City Model Railroad Club/Museum 1934-2009.
The book is now available in the Museum’s gift shop; cost is $20 including tax.